MODERNIZING AMERICAíS WATER INFRASTRUCTURE: President Trump is taking bold action to advance critical water infrastructure projects.
- Modernizing management of our Nationís water infrastructure to ensure access to safe, clean, and reliable water supplies will improve the quality of life for every American.
- President Trump is formally establishing an interagency Water Subcabinet that will streamline the Federal governmentís approach to managing Americaís water resources and work to upgrade our Nationís water infrastructure, safeguard public health, and create jobs.
- The Water Subcabinet will identify actions to develop water supply reliability and improve water quality for urban, rural and agricultural communities, ensure successful restoration activities, and examine water challenges facing minority, low-income, and tribal communities.
IMPROVING THE NATIONíS WATER RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: President Trump is promoting efficient and effective interagency coordination by Federal agencies.
The Water Subcabinet will
develop a national water strategy that
- Enhancement of water storage, water supply, and drought resiliency;
- Improvement of water quality, source water protection, nutrient management, and restoration activities;
- Innovation and modernization of water systems, including for drinking water, wastewater, water reuse, desalination, and flood control; and
- Advancement in water data management, research, modeling, and forecasting.
The Executive Order will
reduce inefficiency and duplication across the
- The Water Subcabinet will provide recommendations to consolidate activities of the hundreds of existing water-related Federal task forces, working groups, and initiatives.
- The Water Subcabinet will also recommend actions to promote better coordination and planning for Federal investments in water infrastructure.
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR AMERICAN WATER WORKERS: President Trump is enhancing and rebuilding our Nationís water sector workforce to combat a critical shortage.
- The United States needs a qualified water workforce to operate our water storage and conveyance infrastructure, rural and agricultural water systems, and drinking water and wastewater facilities to ensure that all Americans have clean and safe water.
- President Trump is
supporting opportunities to recruit, train, and
retain our Nationís water workforce to promote
water infrastructure development and continue
reliable operation of Americaís water
- The Executive Order directs the Water Subcabinet to coordinate with other Federal agencies to provide assistance and technical support to States, territories, tribes, local communities, and non-governmental entities to bolster our Nationís water workforce.